Rules & Regulations
At Shipwreck Cove Water Park We Want All of our Guests to Stay Safe & Have Fun!
Our priority is ensuring all of our guests enjoy our water park safely while having a great time. Please respect our rules as well as other guests during your visit so that everyone has a safe, fun and memorable experience.
- Running is prohibited in the park. More injuries occur from guests running than any other activity.
- Children under the age of 12 years must be closely supervised by a parent, guardian or responsible adult at all times. This includes swimmers, non-swimmers and infants.
- Monitoring your child/children is your responsibility even when a lifeguard is present.
- We recommend all non-swimmers and weak swimmers wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved lifejacket. We provide a limited number at no charge on a first come basis. Inflatable vests and arm devices such as water wings are not effective protection against drowning and therefore are not allowed.
- Mermaid tails or any other swimming device that binds the feet or legs together is not allowed at Shipwreck Cove for the general public. These devices can quickly fatigue swimmers and greatly reduce swimming ability possibly leading to drowning in weak swimmers.
- We ask that no outside coolers, beverages, or food be brought into the water park. If needed, guests may bring in a cooler with either baby formula or insulin, but the cooler will be searched and tagged at admissions. You may bring in empty water bottles and fill inside the park. No glass containers or breakable objects are allowed. The Captain's Cabin Restaurant is a full service restaurant able to provide all of your food and beverage needs while in the park.
- Guests may bring outside food, drink, coolers, etc. and access them outside of the gates as much as they like.
- Guests may leave the water park and return the same day as long as they are wearing a wrist band or possess a receipt from entry.
- No Diving – This is a shallow water facility. Enter facing forward and feet first.
- Appropriate swimwear required. No thong suits allowed. Cut-off jeans, swimming suits with buckles, rivets and other metal or sharp objects are not allowed.
- No clothing change is allowed outside the bath or changing rooms.
- Squirt guns, balls, snorkels and other toys are not allowed in the park.
- Chewing gum is strictly prohibited within the park.
- No profane language, quarrelling or disruptive behavior will be tolerated.
- Lifeguards are authorized to have removed from the park any person that exhibits any behavior that is deemed to be disruptive or that poses a risk of injury to themselves or others. Any appeal of this decision will be made to the parks director whose decision is final.
- Shipwreck Cove at times may call for a safety check at which point all bathers will exit the pool. The crew will do everything they can to make it a quick process so that guests are not overly inconvenienced.
- Smoking is prohibited at Shipwreck Cove except for the parking lots. Shipwreck Cove is not responsible for personal items.
- A limited number of lockers are available on a first come basis at the admissions gate.
Kiddie Area Rules
- Children over 52" may not enter the kiddie pool.
- Sliding head first on any slide is prohibited.
- Parents are responsible for their children at all times.
- Running in the park is prohibited.
Lazy River Rules
- Tubes are required to be in the lazy river.
- No standing or kneeling on tubes.
- No swimming or standing is allowed in the lazy river.
- All traffic must move with the current.
Water Slide Rules
- Riders must be 42" or taller to ride. No exceptions.
- Riders must go down one-at-a times and follow instructions of the attendant.
- Feet first riding only, either sitting or lying on their back.
- No suits with buckles, rivets or other metal or sharp objects.
- Please do not wear goggles or glasses down the slides.
- No standing, stopping, kneeling or spinning while descending the slides.
- Guests must exit the catch pool immediately. Swimming is not allowed in the catch pool. Only lifeguards are allowed to assist/catch riders exiting slides.
Health / Public Safety Rules
- Guest with skin disease, open wounds or abrasions, nasal or ear discharge, inflamed eyes, diarrhea, or any communicable disease are not allowed in the pool.
- Swim diapers must be worn by non-potty trained children. No exceptions. If you arrive unprepared, we have diapers available for sale.
- All diapers must be changed in the changing rooms only. Anyone who changes a diaper in the pool area; leaves a diaper on the ground, or puts them in a pool area trash can, will be asked to leave the park without a refund.
- All bandages must be removed before entering the pool.
- All guests are asked to take showers in the bathhouse or outside showers prior to entering the pools.
SC DHEC Regulations
South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control DHEC regulates all public pools in the state of South Carolina. Below are their requirements which are posted and enforced at Shipwreck Cove:
- There should be no solo swimming.
- There should be no running, boisterous or rough play.
- No person under the influence of alcohol or drugs should use the pool.
- There should be no spitting or blowing nose in pool.
- Persons with diarrheal illness or nausea should not enter the pool.
- Persons with skin, eye, ear or respiratory infections should not enter the pool.
- Persons with open lesions or wounds should not enter the pool.
- No animals or pets allowed in the pool enclosure.
- No glass allowed in the pool or on the deck.
- No children should be in the pool without supervision.
- You should take a shower before entering the pool.